What is a Developmental Disability?
A developmental disability as a severe chronic disability of an individual that:
- Is attributable to a mental or physical impairment or combination of mental and physical impairments.
- Is manifested before the individual attains age 22.
- Is likely to continue indefinitely.
- Results in substantial functional limitations in three or more of the following areas of major life activity: self-care; receptive and expressive language; learning; mobility; self-direction; capacity for independent living; economic self-sufficiency.
- Reflects the individual’s need for a combination and sequence of special, interdisciplinary, or generic services, individualized supports, or other forms of assistance that are of lifelong or extended duration and are individually planned and coordinated.
An individual from birth to age nine, who has a substantial developmental delay or specific congenital or acquired condition, may be considered to have a developmental disability without meeting three or more of the criteria described above if the individual, without services and supports, has a high probability of meeting those criteria later in life.
Do you serve children or adults?
PsyGenics, Inc. provides comprehensive services to both children and adults.
What are the office hours?
PsyGenics, Inc. is open from 8:30am-5pm however, services are individualized therefore hours may vary depending on need.
How do we qualify for services?
The first qualification is the person needs be diagnosed with a developmental disability. From that point, a Supports Coordinator will coordinate benefits and determine the services that an individual will qualify for.
How can I get help quickly?
All intakes at PsyGenics, Inc. are conducted within 14 days of your call however, if you or your loved one is in an urgent situation or crisis, simply state that on the phone and we will see you immediately.
My child doesn’t have a diagnosis, but I know something isn’t right. Can they be enrolled into your program?
We understand the frustration that can be caused by the “requirements” to receive services. We are committed to serving those diagnosed with a developmental disability and will provide an evaluation to determine eligibility. If you or your loved one is not eligible due to the diagnosis, staff at PsyGenics will provide you with the appropriate referrals to assist you or your loved one in achieving success.
Do I have to have insurance to receive services?
No. As a community mental health provider, all persons who qualify for services are assessed an ability to pay. Once that has been determined, all services that are clinically appropriate are provided to you or your loved one.
Are the services free with Medicaid?
PsyGenics, Inc. is a community mental health provider therefore services to those with Medicaid are determined to have a “0” ability to pay.
What if I have Medicaid and a private insurance?
Staff at PsyGenics, Inc. will coordinate benefits with both insurance providers to determine coverage from each insurance and will provide a thorough explanation of the benefits to you.